SubjectRE: Staging: add pata_rdc driver
I just know all pata follow the ATA ATAPI Host Adapters Standard.pdf.
This standard describes all hardware interfaces for pata. (like sata and AHCI standard spec.)

The original draft does not have any Configuration Registers for Host Adapters. Then Intel proposes ATA Controller PCI Configuration Registers for this lack of the original draft, and T13 accept this proposal.

But this spec. releases at 2003. So before its release, all vendor had own Configuration Registers.

[Kevin Huang] -> According to this spec. OS can provide a standard driver for different vendor's pata controller.

Our new controller have crypto function and crypto configuration registers.
So it don’t like Intel controller.
Some Intel controller have RAID function, but we have not.

[E-mail Confidentiality Notice]
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized .If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
maybe unlawful. Please delete the message and any attachments from
your computer system; and destroy all hard copies.

ALL Intellectual Property Rights of RDC Reserved.

  Last update: 2009-06-23 04:45    [W:0.107 / U:0.760 seconds]