SubjectRe: io-scheduler tuning for better read/write ratio
Date
Ralf Gross <rg@STZ-Softwaretechnik.com> writes:

> Jeff Moyer schrieb:
>> Jeff Moyer <jmoyer@redhat.com> writes:

>> > We are missing a lot of details, here. I guess the first thing I'd try
>> > would be bumping up the max_readahead_kb parameter, since I'm guessing
>> > that your backup application isn't driving very deep queue depths. If
>> > that doesn't work, then please provide exact invocations of tiobench
>> > that reprduce the problem or some blktrace output for your real test.
>>
>> Any news, Ralf?
>
> sorry for the delay. atm there are large backups running and using the
> raid device for spooling. So I can't do any tests.
>
> Re. read ahead: I tested different settings from 8Kb to 65Kb, this
> didn't help.
>
> I'll do some more tests when the backups are done (3-4 more days).

The default is 128KB, I believe, so it's strange that you would test
smaller values. ;) I would try something along the lines of 1 or 2 MB.

I'm CCing Fengguang in case he has any suggestions.

Cheers,
Jeff

p.s. Fengguang, the thread starts here:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/6/16/390

  Last update: 2009-06-22 21:45    [W:0.069 / U:0.192 seconds]