SubjectRe: [linux-pm] [patch update 2 fix] PM: Introduce core framework for run-time PM of I/O devices
Date
On Monday 22 June 2009, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:27:29 +0900
> Magnus Damm <magnus.damm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Arjan van de
> > Ven<arjan@infradead.org> wrote:

> > > there are some really strong reasons to at least be able to call the
> > > resume function from an interrupt handler.... shared interrupts are
> > > one of them.
> >
> > I suppose you mean that you need to resume the hardware device before
> > you can check if it has a pending interrupt source? If so then you
> > also mean that suspended hardware devices may generate interrupts, no?
>
> yes and no. For the shared interrupt case.. no.
> but yes for the hw I have in mind (and on my desk ;-) that can happen
> as well from the device itself.

If that's PCI hardware (I guess it is ;-)), I'm not really sure if this
behavior is compliant with the specification.

Anyway, if the interrupt is not shared and the device can wake up fast enough,
we should be able to handle it.

Best,
Rafael

  Last update: 2009-06-22 17:41    [W:0.102 / U:2.636 seconds]