SubjectRe: [linux-pm] [patch update 2 fix] PM: Introduce core framework for run-time PM of I/O devices
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:27:29 +0900
Magnus Damm <magnus.damm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Arjan van de
> Ven<arjan@infradead.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:20:43 +0900
> > Magnus Damm <magnus.damm@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I'd like to call pm_request_suspend() from interrupt context. I
> >> don't
> >
> > there are some really strong reasons to at least be able to call the
> > resume function from an interrupt handler.... shared interrupts are
> > one of them.
>
> I suppose you mean that you need to resume the hardware device before
> you can check if it has a pending interrupt source? If so then you
> also mean that suspended hardware devices may generate interrupts, no?

yes and no. For the shared interrupt case.. no.
but yes for the hw I have in mind (and on my desk ;-) that can happen
as well from the device itself.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org