SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for June 19
Hi Len,

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:27:59 -0400 (EDT) Len Brown <lenb@kernel.org> wrote:

> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > Is this 2.6.31 or 32 material?
>
> yes:-)
>
> Most that is in in sfi-test at this moment I hope to catch .31.
> There will be much more in .32 -- mostly things that depend on
> the first batch...

OK, so then don't add any (more) .32 material into that branch until
after Linus' releases 31-rc1, please.

> > Should I put just you as the contact, or add the mailing list as well?
>
> The mailing list is fine (on cc), and I'm on that.
> It is redundant to send to both.

Then please ensure that I can post to that list (I don't want to
subscribe obviously).

> > Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> > to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.
>
> The patches are tested on the pre-release platform that
> makes use of them. There have been several internal reviews
> and re-writes, but since we just got permission to release the
> patches last week, they've not been publically vetted yet.
>
> The content is quite close to what I plan to propose for upstream,
> but the format is not. I'll be re-factoring the series into
> "clean history" and senting them to LKML on Sunday night.
>
> I don't expect much comment on the generic part,
> but will want x86 maintainers to buy into the
> parts that touch their architecture.

OK, then I think I need to hear from the x86 maintainers, at least,
before we include this.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2009-06-21 17:57    [W:0.053 / U:10.572 seconds]