    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm: previous pull req + 1.

    > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009, Dave Airlie wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I tried this tree (specifically, a merge of Linus' fb20871 this tree) on
    > > > Fedora 11 with modesetting enabled on an integrated Radeon 2100, and plymouthd
    > > > crashes immediately with a corrupt page table. Photo attached. After the
    > > > crash, bootup stops, although ctrl-alt-del works.
    > >
    > > You need a different userspace, -ati from koji in F11 should do it.
    >
    > Dave - no amount of userspace differences make a corrupted page table
    > acceptable.

    I was original responding to a line I saw in his dmesg (which was about an
    ioctl not being available, I only got to parsing the crash later.

    > This needs to be fixed. No excuses. Kernel crashes are never an issue of
    > "you used the wrong user space".

    Agreed, and we block old userspaces running on KMS kernels (at least
    trying to use DRI) and I thought that was what he was seeing.

    Dave.