    SubjectRe: + cgroups-forbid-noprefix-if-mounting-more-than-just-cpuset-subsystem. patch added to -mm tree
    * Dhaval Giani <dhaval@linux.vnet.ibm.com> [2009-06-02 23:10:42]:

    > On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 09:08:04AM -0700, Paul Menage wrote:
    > > On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Dhaval Giani <dhaval@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I am not sure if this is a good idea. For libcgroup, we would then be
    > > > adding a special case for just cpuset. I would rather that we allow it
    > > > either for all the subsystems or none of them.
    > > >

    > > libcgroup shouldn't be using the noprefix option. Its only intentded
    > > use is to allow the legacy "cpuset" filesystem type to be mounted and
    > > to see the same fileset as it had before the cgroups transition.
    > >

    > It does not. But if some user is using that option, we need to be in a
    > position to handle it.
    >
    > I am quite happy not supporting the noprefix option in the library if it
    > is fine.

    I am not for supporting noprefix in the library, like Paul said it is
    for legacy users who already have their applications working with
    libcpuset or an equivalent library. libcgroup should not bother about
    noprefix.

    --
    Balbir

      Last update: 2009-06-03 01:31    [W:2.963 / U:0.172 seconds]