Subjectnetlink interface change and crash while feeing associated sk_buff.

Hello everybody,

I had a question regarding the new netlink interface in the kernels I guess since 2.6.24 and forward.
It looks like the entire netlink interface has changed since that kernel version.

Before the change the netlink function prototype used by drivers is :

void netlinkInput(struct sock *sk, int len)

but this has now changed to :
void netlinkInput(struct sk_buff * skb).

A problem that I am having in my driver is when I receive an skb from my application by the call to sendmsg, I get the packet as an skb in my driver.

Now once I send out the packet and when its time to free the skb, I call dev_kfree_skb_any(skb).

However, this code seems to crash in the freeing of this skb. Is there something wrong that I am doing in the feeing of this skb. Can it not be freed at this point?

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Vinay

  Last update: 2009-06-20 03:45    [W:0.229 / U:0.620 seconds]