    SubjectRe: staging driver s626 clashes with philips SAA7146 media/dvb based cards
    Date
    Em Qua 17 Jun 2009, às 21:21:51, Frank Mori Hess escreveu:
    > On Wednesday 17 June 2009, you wrote:
    > > >
    > > > This patch looks buggy. It's changing the logic beyond just checking
    > > > for subvendor/subdevice ids.
    > >
    > > That's the intention here, so that it avoids someone adding a new pci id
    > > without specifying either subvendor or subdevice id for 0x1131:0x7146
    > > boards, but yes there will be a problem if boards with vendor:id not
    > > equal to 0x1131:0x7146 appear in future, as you will be obliged to add
    > > subvendor:subdevice id even if not needed.
    >
    > Your patch breaks configuration of the board unless the bus and slot are
    > explicitly specified. Just make a minimal patch that replaces
    > pci_get_device with pci_get_subsys and fixes the problem that was
    > reported.

    Hmm that's not what the patch does, it doesn't break configuration, keeps
    the same logic as before (I was wrong in my last email replying to myself),
    check it, if it->options[0] and it->options[1] isn't specified, the pdev is
    valid so the for loop exits (see !pdev check).