SubjectRe: [tip:perfcounters/core] perf_counter: x86: Fix call-chain support to use NMI-safe methods
Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

> With respect to cr2, yes, this is the only window we care about.
> However, the rest of vmalloc_fault() must be audited for other non
> nmi-suitable data structure use (e.g. "current"), which I did in the
> past.
>
> My intent was just to respond to Peter's concerns by showing that the
> part of page fault handler which needs to be NMI-reentrant is really not
> that big.

Even if that is true now, you want it to be true for all future time,
and all to support an out-of-tree piece of code. All of this is
virtually impossible to test for without said out-of-tree piece of code,
so I will object to it anyway.

-hpa

  Last update: 2009-06-16 20:41    [W:0.141 / U:2.268 seconds]