    SubjectXen vs. KVM
    From

    Personally, they are nothing but piracy tools used to hijack and run
    multiple hijacked copies of windows -- even in reputable systems houses.

    I was working on VM/ESA and mainframe operating systems before linux even
    existed and am familar with the issues.

    I have worked with both KVM and XEN and to be honest, XEN is infested with
    bugs -- mostly of the paging type -- and you need an logic analyzer of an
    ICE to debug some of it. I have nothing but trouble with it. KVM is more
    stable but also sucks on performance, but I occasionally see the same
    issues.

    I have worked with several local clients wanting to use both, and they are
    idiots as near as I can tell. What fucking moron would want to cram 12 OS
    images on a system at once so they can run PHP and nysql apps between
    windows and Linux? This is what these stupid goofs are doing.

    Folks are better off with VMWare (which is a lot slower) and more stable
    than either of them. KVM is cleaner but is still not stable with all
    apps.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2009-06-15 06:19    [W:0.028 / U:31.264 seconds]