SubjectRe: slab: setup allocators earlier in the boot sequence
Hi Nick,

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 09:54 +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> I don't really like adding branches to slab allocator like this.
> init code all needs to know what services are available, and
> this includes the scheduler if it wants to do anything sleeping
> (including sleeping slab allocations).
>
> Core mm code is the last place to put in workarounds for broken
> callers...

Yes, the initialization code can be fixed to use GFP_NOWAIT. But it's
really the suspend case that makes me think the patch might be a good
idea. So the patch does not attempt to be a workaround for buggy callers
but rather a change in policy that we simply refuse to wait during
bootup and suspend.

Pekka

  Last update: 2009-06-12 10:03    [W:0.411 / U:0.056 seconds]