SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kmemcheck for mainline

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Vegard Nossum wrote:
> >
> > Please consider pulling the kmemcheck tree;
>
> No.
>
> This seems to be 99% merges o fother branches.
>
> I'm no longer pulling from people who can't keep their branches
> clean and develop without pulling from me every other day, or
> pulling from other random branches. If it gets that many
> conflicts, I just don't want to see it - there's something
> seriously wrong with it.
>
> And if you just merge for some random reason, I don't want to pull
> it either.
>
> So in either case, I'm not pulling this.
>
> Just _look_ at that gitk thing. It has several stretches of just
> "Merge branch 'linus' into kmemcheck". WITH NO OTHER DEVELOPMENT
> IN BETWEEN!

This is an ancient one year old tree :-/

Vegard, i suspect you are best off by creating a clean, rebased
(same-content) series linear tree out of the patches - with all
fixes backmerged and there being a good logical order of patches.

Since it will be same-content it should be doable in short order. I
can do it too if you dont have the time.

Ingo

  Last update: 2009-06-12 18:47    [W:0.164 / U:0.084 seconds]