    SubjectRe: linux-next: origin tree build failure

    > Ah - thanks. The bug was caused by me being a bit too optimistic in
    > applying the shiny-new Power7 support patches on the last day. (nice
    > CPU btw.)

    In that case paulus tells me it's actually Peter screwing up moving
    something from the powerpc code to generic :-)

    .../...

    > Such bugs happen, and they are easy enough to fix. What matters
    > arent the 1-2 short-lived bugs that do happen when a new combination
    > of trees is created, but the long-lived combination bugs and
    > conflicts.

    I'm not saying -next would fix world hunger ... but in this case we have
    two sets of issues, perfctr and the init ordering change which both got
    merged totally bypassing -next... We should at least -try- to follow the
    process we've defined, don't you think ?

    Cheers,
    Ben.

      Last update: 2009-06-12 11:37    [W:0.019 / U:4.420 seconds]