SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Performance Counters for Linux
Hi Linus,

> > What I'm saying is that this doesn't sound like something that needs
> > user-space in lock-step with kernel.
>
> Give it a rest.
>
> If that's true, then in a year or two we can just split it up already.
>
> But I note (once more) how _nobody_ has actually been able to accept the
> fact that oprofile was an abject failure as it was split up. Instead, you
> all dance around totally irrelevant issues.

so your whole reasoning is based on the fact that oprofile was a
horrible failure. All the other projects/subsystems that manage this
perfectly successful without breaking API/ABI abruptly and emerging
slowly when things change don't count. Stop dancing around oprofile so
much. It makes you dizzy ;)

Regards

Marcel

  Last update: 2009-06-11 21:11    [W:0.087 / U:0.116 seconds]