SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] first block round for 2.6.31

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Jens Axboe wrote:

> This is the bulk of the block changes for 2.6.31, please pull.
>
> git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block.git for-2.6.31

Ok, this clashed pretty badly with both the tracing tree (which obviously
has block tracers) and with my pull ide pull from Bartlomiej (which
obviously has ide driver changes).

I fixed everything up, and it _looks_ ok, including a "allyesconfig" build
etc. It wasn't totally trivial, though - in the sense that it's entirely
possible that I fixed something up incorrectly. Also, in the tracer code,
I kept the checks for whether something is a "pc" of "fs" request, so it
now looks like

__entry->sector = blk_pc_request(rq) ? 0 : blk_rq_pos(rq);

and I suspect that it could just be an unconditional

__entry->sector = blk_rq_pos(rq);

instead, but somebody involved with the whole block tracing thing needs to
check that out.

The ide-tape.c changes also need some expert tender loving checks. I
neither know the code, nor have the hardware to check my fixups. Almost
all the changes are actually by the same person - it's almost all Tejun's
code (and mostly the same patches), just coming in through two different
trees. Not very nice.

Btw, Jens: in your tree, you've committed Tejun's changes without adding
your own sign-off. Not good!

Linus

  Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.118 / U:0.076 seconds]