SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86/cleanups for v2.6.31

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>

> > Please pull the latest x86-cleanups-for-linus git tree from:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git x86-cleanups-for-linus
>
> Just checking - these are all independent and it doesn't much
> matter which order I pull in, right?

Yes - each is -git based and independent. To make sure i also built
each one before sending, and also booted the ones i wanted to
double-check (about half of them).

> That way I can go through the easy ones first, which helps me get
> around to the ones I decide I want to think about more later.

Yeah. Any order should be fine and if there are conflicts they
should be straightforward.

Any unreasonably heavy conflict was resolved by merging topics into
a single entity. This happened for one of the branches: the IRQ bits
i sent started out as x86/apic - the the scope of the changes
increased on the way.

No unreasonable mixing of topics happened in this cycle - the topic
separation worked out fine, due to increased attention we spent on
making it happen and due to the unification activities winding down
(finally! :-).

Ingo

  Last update: 2009-06-11 00:11    [W:0.033 / U:0.344 seconds]