SubjectRe: MSM6281 support was: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support
From
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Stefan
Schmidt<stefan@datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 13:24, Brian Swetland wrote:
>>
>> We have full support for MSM7201A, including fully functional power
>> management, working on a number of commercially shipping devices that
>> we'd absolutely love to get into mainline.
>
> A bit offtopic here. (subject change). Is it expected that the android kernel
> team will also work on systems that use the MSM6K modems with different SoC's? I
> have soem systems here that use an msm6281 on a dual port ram chip with non msm
> SoC's. I wonder how difficult it would be to adaept the existing msm smd driver
> to such a setup.

We only have documentation, support, and permission to do work on 7k
and 8k family devices at this point. I don't know anything about the
6k family, and how similar (or not) the shared memory interface would
be, so unfortunately I can't provide much help there.

Brian

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans