    SubjectRe: IO scheduler based IO Controller V2
    On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 17:56 -0400, Vivek Goyal wrote:
    > So, we shall have to come up with something better, I think Dhaval was
    > implementing upper limit for cpu controller. May be PeterZ and Dhaval can
    > give us some pointers how did they manage to implement both proportional
    > and max bw control with the help of a single tree while maintaining the
    > notion of prio with-in cgroup.

    We don't do max bandwidth control in the SCHED_OTHER bits as I oppose to
    making it non work conserving.

    SCHED_FIFO/RR do constant bandwidth things and are always scheduled in
    favour of SCHED_OTHER.

    That is, we provide a minimum bandwidth for real-time tasks, but since
    having a maximum higher than the minimum is useless since one cannot
    rely on it (non deterministic) we put max = min.

      Last update: 2009-05-09 11:27    [W:4.106 / U:0.016 seconds]