    SubjectRe: Inquiry: Should we remove "isolcpus= kernel boot option? (may have realtime uses)
    From
    Dear Michael Trimarchi,

    Recently, I read your paper about EDF implementation in Linux like belows.

    http://feanor.sssup.it/~marko/SAC09.pdf
    (An implementation of the earliest deadline first algorithm in Linux
    Proceedings of the 2009 ACM symposium on Applied Computing. )

    Can I get your 2.6.27 based EDF patch to test your experiment result ?
    Thanks reading.

    Regards,
    GeunSik, Lim

    2008/6/5 Michael Trimarchi <trimarchimichael@yahoo.it>:
    > [ sorry if this is going OT ]
    >
    > Hi,
    >

    >> Furthermore, cpusets allow for isolated but load-balanced RT domains. We
    >> now have a reasonably strong RT balancer, and I'm looking at implementing
    >> a full partitioned EDF scheduler somewhere in the future.
    >>

    > I'm working on a partitioned EDF scheduler right now, and I have to
    > face several issues, starting from the interface to use to expose the
    > EDF scheduler to userspace, and the integration with the existing
    > sched_rt policy.
    >
    > By now I'm experimenting with an additional sched_class that implements
    > a SCHED_EDF policy, extending the POSIX struct sched_param with the
    > EDF parameters of the task, do you see any better way to do that?
    > Could that approach be reasonable?
    >
    > Michael

    Regards,
    GeunSik Lim