    SubjectRe: [TuxOnIce-devel] [RFC] TuxOnIce
    On Thursday 07 May 2009, U Kuehn wrote:
    > Pavel Machek wrote:
    > >> To briefly summarise the advantages to merging TuxOnIce:
    > >>
    > >> - Support for multiple swap devices
    > >> - Support for non-swap (an ordinary file can be used)
    > >> - Uses cryptoapi (LZO support, more than 2x speed of uncompressed data!)
    > >> - Asynchronous I/O, readahead, multithreaded. Get the maximum throughput
    > >> possible with your hardware.
    > >> - Userspace user interface that lets you abort hibernating and abort
    > >> resuming, get nice progress display etc.
    > >
    > > All these are either done by uswsusp already, or could be done w/o
    > > modifying kernel code.
    > >
    > Given that tuxonice DOES work reliably with dm-crypt encrypted swap
    > partitions, does uswsusp offer this functionality? Looking into the docs
    > on the sourceforge site does not give any information about this point.
    > Further, being someone with a crypto background, the userland suspend
    > helper does have some issues with the password/key handling:
    > 1) no support for keys containing a 0 byte. (cryptsetup can handle this)
    > 2) the rsa functionality seems to use the unsound practice to encrypt
    > the symmetric key directly without any padding (aka encoding in libgcrypt).
    > This is, unfortunately, something really fundamenta...

    I'm not sure you're totally correct, but anyway patches are welcome to improve

    Also, as you can see from my previous message, I'm not a big fan of fighting
    over this once again. Lets try to work together to do something productive
    instead, shall we?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-05-07 19:49    [W:0.021 / U:20.048 seconds]