    SubjectRe: IO scheduler based IO Controller V2
    On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 09:11:18AM +0530, Balbir Singh wrote:
    > * Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> [2009-05-05 13:24:41]:
    >
    > > On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:58:27 -0400
    > > Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@redhat.com> wrote:
    > >

    > > > Hi All,
    > > >
    > > > Here is the V2 of the IO controller patches generated on top of 2.6.30-rc4.
    > > > Currently primarily two other IO controller proposals are out there.
    > > >
    > > > dm-ioband
    > > > ---------
    > > > This patch set is from Ryo Tsuruta from valinux.
    > > > IO-throttling
    > > > -------------
    > > > This patch set is from Andrea Righi provides max bandwidth controller.
    > >
    > > I'm thinking we need to lock you guys in a room and come back in 15 minutes.
    > >
    > > Seriously, how are we to resolve this? We could lock me in a room and
    > > cmoe back in 15 days, but there's no reason to believe that I'd emerge
    > > with the best answer.
    > >

    > We are planning an IO mini-summit prior to the kernel summit
    > (hopefully we'll all be able to attend and decide).

    Hi Balbir,

    Mini summit is still few months away. I think a better idea would be to
    try to thrash out the details here on lkml and try to reach to some
    conclusion.

    Its a complicated problem and there are no simple and easy answers. If we
    can't reach a conclusion here, I am skeptical that mini summit will serve
    that purpose.

    Thanks
    Vivek

      Last update: 2009-05-06 15:33    [W:0.021 / U:1.712 seconds]