    Subjectlinux-next: Tree for May 5
    Hi all,

    Changes since 20090504:

    The kbuild tree gained a build failure for which I reverted a commit.

    The wireless tree gained a build failure so I used the version from
    next-20090504.

    The vfs tree lost its conflict.

    The driver-core tree still had its build failure so I dropped a patch.

    I have created today's linux-next tree at
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git
    (patches at
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/sfr/linux-next/). If you
    are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
    to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
    old one. You should use "git fetch" as mentioned in the FAQ on the wiki
    (see below).

    You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
    file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log files
    in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built with
    a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc and an allmodconfig for x86_64. After the
    final fixups (if any), it is also built with powerpc allnoconfig (32 and
    64 bit), ppc44x_defconfig and allyesconfig (minus
    CONFIG_PROFILE_ALL_BRANCHES) and i386, sparc and sparc64 defconfig.
    These builds also have CONFIG_ENABLE_WARN_DEPRECATED,
    CONFIG_ENABLE_MUST_CHECK and CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO disabled when necessary.

    Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

    We are up to 135 trees (counting Linus' and 18 trees of patches pending for
    Linus' tree), more are welcome (even if they are currently empty).
    Thanks to those who have contributed, and to those who haven't, please do.

    Status of my local build tests will be at
    http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next . If maintainers want to give
    advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
    more builds.

    Thanks to Jan Dittmer for adding the linux-next tree to his build tests
    at http://l4x.org/k/ , the guys at http://test.kernel.org/ and Randy
    Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.

    There is a wiki covering stuff to do with linux-next at
    http://linux.f-seidel.de/linux-next/pmwiki/ . Thanks to Frank Seidel.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

    $ git checkout master
    $ git reset --hard stable
    Merging origin/master
    Merging fixes/fixes
    Merging arm-current/master
    Merging m68k-current/for-linus
    Merging powerpc-merge/merge
    Merging sparc-current/master
    Merging scsi-rc-fixes/master
    Merging net-current/master
    Merging sound-current/for-linus
    Merging pci-current/for-linus
    Merging wireless-current/master
    Merging kbuild-current/master
    Merging quilt/driver-core.current
    Merging quilt/usb.current
    Merging cpufreq-current/fixes
    Merging input-current/for-linus
    Merging md-current/for-linus
    Merging audit-current/for-linus
    Merging crypto-current/master
    Merging dwmw2/master
    Merging arm/devel
    Merging avr32/avr32-arch
    Merging blackfin/for-linus
    Merging cris/for-next
    Merging ia64/test
    Merging m68k/for-next
    Merging m68knommu/for-next
    Merging mips/mips-for-linux-next
    Merging parisc/master
    Merging powerpc/next
    Merging 4xx/next
    Merging galak/next
    Merging pxa/for-next
    Merging s390/features
    Merging sh/master
    Merging sparc/master
    Merging x86/auto-x86-next
    Merging xtensa/master
    Merging configfs/linux-next
    Merging ext4/next
    Merging fatfs/master
    Merging fuse/for-next
    Merging gfs2/master
    Merging jfs/next
    Merging nfs/linux-next
    Merging nfsd/nfsd-next
    Merging nilfs2/for-next
    Merging ocfs2/linux-next
    Merging squashfs/master
    Merging v9fs/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in net/9p/protocol.c
    Merging ubifs/linux-next
    Merging xfs/master
    Merging tip-core/auto-core-next
    Merging cpus4096/auto-cpus4096-next
    Merging tracing/auto-tracing-next
    Merging genirq/auto-genirq-next
    Merging safe-poison-pointers/auto-safe-poison-pointers-next
    Merging sched/auto-sched-next
    Merging stackprotector/auto-stackprotector-next
    Merging timers/auto-timers-next
    Merging pci/linux-next
    Merging quilt/device-mapper
    Merging hid/for-next
    Merging quilt/i2c
    Merging quilt/jdelvare-hwmon
    Merging quilt/kernel-doc
    Merging v4l-dvb/master
    Merging quota/for_next
    Merging kbuild/master
    [master cb03432] Revert "initconst adjustments"
    Merging ide/for-next
    Merging libata/NEXT
    Merging infiniband/for-next
    Merging acpi/test
    Merging ieee1394/for-next
    Merging ubi/linux-next
    Merging kvm/master
    Merging dlm/next
    Merging scsi/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/Kbuild
    Merging async_tx/next
    Merging udf/for_next
    Merging net/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/mmc/sdio_ids.h
    Merging wireless/master
    $ git reset --hard HEAD^
    Merging refs/next/20090504/wireless
    [master cf4ad58] Revert "rfkill: remove user_claim stuff"
    Merging mtd/master
    Merging crypto/master
    Merging vfs/for-next
    Merging sound/for-next
    Merging cpufreq/next
    Merging quilt/rr
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.c
    Merging cifs/master
    Merging mmc/next
    Merging input/next
    Merging bkl-removal/bkl-removal
    Merging lsm/for-next
    Merging block/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/block/hd.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/block/mg_disk.c
    Merging embedded/master
    Merging firmware/master
    Merging pcmcia/master
    Merging battery/master
    Merging leds/for-mm
    Merging backlight/for-mm
    Merging kgdb/kgdb-next
    Merging slab/for-next
    Merging uclinux/for-next
    Merging md/for-next
    Merging mfd/for-next
    Merging hdlc/hdlc-next
    Merging drm/drm-next
    Merging voltage/for-next
    Merging security-testing/next
    Merging lblnet/master
    Merging quilt/ttydev
    Merging agp/agp-next
    Merging generic-ipi/auto-generic-ipi-next
    Merging oprofile/auto-oprofile-next
    Merging fastboot/auto-fastboot-next
    Merging sparseirq/auto-sparseirq-next
    Merging iommu/auto-iommu-next
    Merging uwb/for-upstream
    Merging watchdog/master
    Merging bdev/master
    Merging dwmw2-iommu/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/pci/intel-iommu.c
    Merging cputime/cputime
    Merging osd/linux-next
    Merging jc_docs/docs-next
    Merging nommu/master
    Merging trivial/for-next
    Merging audit/for-next
    Merging omap/for-next
    Merging quilt/aoe
    Merging kmemleak/kmemleak
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/Kconfig.debug
    Merging suspend/linux-next
    Merging quilt/driver-core
    Merging quilt/usb
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/usb/serial/sierra.c
    Merging quilt/staging
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/staging/rt2860/common/mlme.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/staging/rt2870/common/mlme.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/staging/rt3070/common/mlme.c
    Merging scsi-post-merge/master

      Last update: 2009-05-05 07:37    [W:0.037 / U:122.496 seconds]