    SubjectRe: [patch 0/5] Support for sanitization flag in low-level page allocator
    Larry H. wrote:
    > Furthermore, selective clearing doesn't solve the roots of the problem.
    > It's just adding bandages to a wound which never stops bleeding. I
    > proposed an initial page flag because we could use it later for
    > unconditional page clearing doing a one line change in a header file.
    >
    > I see a lot of speculation on what works and what doesn't, but
    > there isn't much on the practical side of things, yet. I provided test
    > results that proved some of the comments wrong, and I've referenced
    > literature which shows the reasoning behind all this. What else can I do
    > to make you understand you are missing the point here?

    Hey, if you want to add a CONFIG_ZERO_ALL_MEMORY_PARANOIA thing that can
    be disabled, go for it! But you have to find someone else to take the
    merge the SLAB bits because, quite frankly, I am not convinced it's
    worth it. And the hand waving you're doing here isn't really helping
    your case, sorry.

    Pekka

      Last update: 2009-05-30 10:03    [W:0.020 / U:60.396 seconds]