    SubjectRe: [patch 0/5] Support for sanitization flag in low-level page allocator
    Hi Rik,

    On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Rik van Riel <> wrote:
    >>> Have you benchmarked the addition of these changes? I would like to see
    >>> benchmarks done for these (crypto api included), since you are proposing
    >>> them.
    >> You have it the wrong way around. _You_ have the burden of proof here
    >> really, you are trying to get patches into the upstream kernel. I'm not
    >> obliged to do your homework for you. I might be wrong, and you can prove me
    >> wrong.
    > Larry's patches do not do what you propose they
    > should do, so why would he have to benchmark your
    > idea?

    It's pretty damn obvious that Larry's patches have a much bigger
    performance impact than using kzfree() for selected parts of the
    kernel. So yes, I do expect him to benchmark and demonstrate that
    kzfree() has _performance problems_ before we can look into merging
    his patches.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-05-30 22:57    [W:0.020 / U:16.848 seconds]