SubjectRe: SCHED_EDF infos
From
On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Henrik Austad <henrik@austad.us> wrote:
>> Can you share EDF that you implemented with P-fair for Multicore environments?
>> Especially, I wonder How do you keep posix compatibility with EDF scheduler.
>
> Well, what exactly do you mean by posix compatibility? What I'm doing, is adding
This means that We can use realtime programming for EDF effectiveness with
current system call interface without new system call interface.

> another scheduling class on top of sched_rt so that sched_pfair will be polled
> before any other class. I was not aware that POSIX had an EDF standard?
POSIX describes common real-time specification without EDF, RMS ,
Resource Reservation, etc.
Belows is the Linux Standard Base (LSB) specifications for Linux Distributions.
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Specifications

>> For example,
>> sched_setscheduler(2), sched_getscheduler(2),
>> sched_get_priority_max(2), sched_get_priority_min(2),
>> sched_getaffinity(2), sched_setaffinity(2),
>> sched_getparam(2), sched_setparam(2),
>> setpriority(2), getpriority(2),
>> sched_yield(2), sched_rr_get_interval(2)
>
> I introduce 3 new syscalls for modifying the tasks.
>
>  sched_pfair_update()
>  - change an existing task into a pfair task, set attributes, calculate subjob
>   values etc
>
>  sched_pfair_release()
>  - release the task, i.e. enable it to run on a CPU.
>
>  sched_pfair_reweigh()
>  - change the attributes of the task. In a lot of ways, this is very similar to
>   pfair_update, but it introduces some problems when trying to reweigh a task
>   that is running, or if the new values lead to over-utilization of the system.
When we try to userspace realtime programming, How can we insert systemcall api
with posix compatibility.
Um... In general, we use
sched_setscheduler (struct task_struct *p, int policy, struct
sched_param *param) api.

If we will make EDF related u/s rt programming, How do we have to
insert deadline of tasks
for EDF performance?
sched_setscheduler_EDF(struct task_struct *p, int policy, period-time
, runtime)
or

struct sched_param {
int sched_priority;