    SubjectRe: [BUG FIX] Make x86_32 uni-processor Atomic ops, Atomic
    Date
    On Thu May 28 2009, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > On Thu 2009-05-28 08:29:13, Michael S. Zick wrote:
    > > On Thu May 28 2009, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > > > Hi!

    > > > I have seen some problems on via c7m based machines, where some 'smart
    > > > bios person' implemented EC access in AML (normally, it is accessed
    > > > from ec.c driver). Maybe you have similary bad bios?
    > > >

    > > How to tell or distingush?
    > > Did your looking at the dmidecode output show you that?
    >
    > Disassemble DSDT, and if you see strange code duplicating kernel's
    > ec.c driver, you have similar problem...

    Someone did that but wasn't looking for "strange code" - just fixing
    some entry size errors.
    You can find the replacement DSDT here:
    http://forum.netbookuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=6512#p6512

    (Which I am not using, since it mostly cosmetic.)

    Mike
    > Pavel

      Last update: 2009-05-28 23:03    [W:3.771 / U:0.016 seconds]