SubjectRe: [tip:perfcounters/core] perf stat: handle Ctrl-C
tip-bot for Ingo Molnar writes:

> perf stat: handle Ctrl-C
>
> Before this change, if a long-running perf stat workload was Ctrl-C-ed,
> the utility exited without displaying statistics.
>
> After the change, the Ctrl-C gets propagated into the workload (and
> causes its early exit there), but perf stat itself will still continue
> to run and will display counter results.
>
> This is useful to run open-ended workloads, let them run for
> a while, then Ctrl-C them to get the stats.

Unfortunately it means that if you do e.g.

$ while true; do perf stat something; done

it's impossible to kill the loop with ctrl-C. To fix this we need to
make perf stat kill itself with the signal after printing the results,
so bash sees the died-due-to-signal exit status and stops the loop.

Paul.

  Last update: 2009-05-28 13:13    [W:0.056 / U:1.368 seconds]