SubjectRe: [2.6.27.24] Kernel coredump to a pipe is failing
> Actually, I think there is a strong reason to handle signals during
> core dumping. The coredump can take a lot of time/resources, not good
> it looks like unkillable procees to users.

One problem with that is if you send a process a string of signals that cause
a core dump and then kill. In the old case you would just get a full core dump
on the first signal and be done. With your change it would process
the second signal too and stop the dumping and you get none or a partial
core dump. That might well break existing setups.

> Perhaps it makes sense to do

Probably, my patch is not usable as is anyways because it would
need to save the mask somewhere so that the ELF dumper can
build the correct mask. Your version would at least avoid that
problem.

-Andi

  Last update: 2009-05-27 20:47    [W:0.091 / U:1.052 seconds]