SubjectRe: Who's responsible for configuring CLS on a cardbus device?
Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Robert Hancock wrote:
>> Alan Cox wrote:
>>> Currently its handled by pci_set_mwi() but there isn't actually a more
>>> direct way to do this.
>
> Thanks Alan.
>
>> Yeah, I guess the assumption is that unless the device is using MWI it
>> doesn't care about cache line size. However, in the case of the sata_sil
>> controllers (and possibly other devices), the device cares about it for
>> other purposes (I think it's FIFO handling in this case).
>>
>> Maybe we should just be setting the cache line size somewhere more
>> basic, like pci_set_master or something?
>
> Hmmm... given that it is something which is usually handled by the
> system firmware, wouldn't it be more fitting to configure it from pci
> hotplug code?

I don't know cardbus devices at all, but Standard Hot-Plug Controller
driver ('shpchp') and PCI Express Hot-Plug controller driver ('pciehp')
configures cache line size of hot-added device. The cache line size is
gotten from firmware through ACPI _HPP or _HPX method.

Thanks,
Kenji Kaneshige

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans