    SubjectWho's responsible for configuring CLS on a cardbus device?

    This is regarding bko#13257. was experiencing very slow transfer rate when using a
    cardbus sata_sil SATA controller which is known to be sensitive to
    cache line size setting. The reset default is zero and no one
    configured it causing poor performance.

    This is solvable by simply setting CLS to the correct value but who's
    job is it? For non-hotplug devices, this is configured by the BIOS
    (at least on PC), so for hotplug devices I think falls on the lap of
    the PCI code but I'm not sure. If this is something which the
    sata_sil driver should be responsible for, is there an established way
    to determine the proper CLS value?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-05-26 15:07    [W:0.033 / U:4.312 seconds]