SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] scheduler fixes
Ingo Molnar wrote:

> Ok, i think this all looks pretty realistic - but there's quite a
> bit of layering on top of pending changes in the x86 and irq trees.
> We could do this on top of those topic branches in -tip, and rebase
> in the merge window. Or delay it to .32.

would have move setup_per_cpu_areas after mem_init().
some kind of limiting bootmem related in setup_arch()

> ... plus i think we are _very_ close to being able to remove all of
> bootmem on x86 (with some compatibility/migration mechanism in
> place). Which bootmem calls do we have before kmalloc init with
> Pekka's patch applied? I think it's mostly the page table init code.

need to decide what should be in setup_arch_mem, or setup_arch_rest().
before initmem_init() ==> setup_arch_mem
after initmem_init()
reserve_bootmem related should stay in setup_arch_mem
try to move other call in setup_arch to _reset after ane setup_arch_rest will
be called after mem_init()

> ( beyond the page allocator internal use - where we could use
> straight e820 based APIs that clip memory off from the beginning
> of existing e820 RAM ranges - enriched with NUMA/SRAT locality
> info. )

yes. it is there. need to dynamic early_res array.

YH

  Last update: 2009-05-25 07:57    [W:0.146 / U:0.044 seconds]