SubjectRe: zero out blocks of freed user data for operation a virtual machine environment
Hello Goswin,

> I could imagine a device mapper target that eats TRIM commands and
> writes out zeroes instead. That should be easy to maintain outside or
> inside the upstream kernel source.

again an interesting option and for sure easy to handle. However what
I'm really looking for is an option that gets upstream and will be
incorperated in major distributions so that this option is available on
every Linux distribution shipping in two years. However if this won't be
the case I'm going to consider writing a device mapper target.

Thomas

  Last update: 2009-05-25 16:05    [W:0.171 / U:0.516 seconds]