SubjectRe: [Openipmi-developer] modprobe ipmi_si hangs under 2.6.30-rc5
Date
Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org> writes:

> I know what is happening now. Can you try the attached patch? I'm
> disabling the requeue and discarding the message when an IPMB message
> is received before everything is initialized. If you don't, the code
> will not deliver any messages because something is already in the
> queue.

Yep, that fixed it, modprobe runs through now!

> Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> My concern is that it does something too often, not letting the CPU
>> enter deep sleep states, perhaps. Or is that also an artifact of
>> debugging?
>
> No, it's an artifact of a lousy hardware interface. Very few IPMI
> interfaces support interrupts, so they have to be polled :(.

I'd say this isn't an artifact but the sad truth itself. Just out of
interest, how often does the driver wake up to check the inteface?
--
Thanks,
Feri.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans