    SubjectRe: Where do we stand with the Xen patches?
    From
    On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:54:54 -0700
    Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@goop.org> wrote:

    > Hi Ingo,
    >
    > Over the last week or so, I've set out pull requests for the following
    > branches in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git :
    >
    > for-ingo/xen/dom0/core
    >
    > You made two comments about the first post of this set:
    >
    > 1. The // comments in the mtrr code. Now fixed.
    > 2. A query about when Xen can support PAT. In progress; when its
    > done, we can remove the unconditional PAT disable.
    >
    > for-ingo/xen/dom0/pci
    > for-ingo/xen/dom0/swiotlb
    >
    > Updated with Joerg Roedel, FUJITA Tomonori and Matthew Wilcox's
    > comments, Acked-by and Reviewed-bys as appropriate.

    The original code added dom0-specific dma mapping stuff in the generic
    place, which is completely wrong. I asked you to move the hacky stuff
    to Xen-specific code and ack'ed the patchset.

    But as I said again and again, the dom0 changes to the generic dma
    mapipng code is really ugly and I don't like them at all. I didn't
    ack'ed such changes.

      Last update: 2009-05-18 03:41    [W:2.838 / U:0.472 seconds]