SubjectRe: Where do we stand with the Xen patches?
On Sun, 17 May 2009 12:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
david@lang.hm wrote:

> On Sun, 17 May 2009, devzero@web.de wrote:
> > maybe this is iust a stupid comment (please forgive, i?m no
> > advanced kernel hacker), but can?t the code inserted by the patches
> > and which changes the fastpath just #IFDEF`ed at the critical
> > offsets ? (as building a dom0 kernel is just another build target,
> > isn`t it ?)
>
> no, if dom0 is going to be widely deployed, it will be because the
> distros turn on dom0 support by default. as a result any penalties
> due to xen support will be felt by all users of those distros (even
> if they don't use xen)

at minimum we need to split CONFIG_PARAVIRT up into
"want to be nice to hypervisors" and "I want to be Xen Dom0";
they look to largely not overlap.... so lets not make the costs overlap
either.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2009-05-17 21:37    [W:0.094 / U:0.176 seconds]