SubjectRe: [BUG] spinlock lockup on CPU#0
From
2009/4/9 Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@gmail.com>:
> 2009/3/30 Fabio Coatti <cova@ferrara.linux.it>:
>> Hi all, I've got the following BUG: report on one of our servers running
>> 2.6.28.8; some background:
>> we are seeing several lockups in db (mysql) servers that shows up as a sudden
>> load increase and then, very quickly, the server freezes. It happens in a
>> random way, sometimes after weeks, sometimes very quickly after a system
>> reboot. Trying to discover the problem we installed latest (at the time of
>> test) 2.6.28.X kernel and loaded it with some high disk I/O operations (find,
>> dd, rsync and so on).

[...]

>> Could someone give us some hints about this issue, or at least some
>> suggestions on how to dig it? Of course we can do any sort of testing and
>> tries.
>
> You _could_ also try something like the attached patch. It's
> completely untested, and could lead to data loss (depending on whether
> the callers of this function expects/handles the error condition
> gracefully). I really have no idea. If you try, be sure to back up
> your data first. Good luck :-)

Actually, I think you can forget about this patch. At least that's not
the point of problem in the stack-trace you posted. (My suggestion of
trying a different filesystem still holds, though.)

:-/

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it

  Last update: 2009-04-09 16:25    [W:0.036 / U:0.184 seconds]