    SubjectRe: [dm-devel] Barriers still not passing on simple dm devices...
    On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Lee Revell wrote:

    > On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Ric Wheeler <ricwheeler@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > One thing to point out here is that there are a lot of "servers" in high end
    > > data centers that do not have UPS backup. Those racks full of 1U and 2U
    > > boxes that are used to make "grids", "clouds" and so on often are built with
    > > as much gear as you can stuff in a rack - no batteries or UPS to be seen, so
    > > they are really quite similar to the normal desktop or home systems that we
    > > normally run at home :-)
    >
    > These days even bargain basement data centers provide UPS functionality for
    > you, via generator backup and A/B power.

    I have seen an installation having generator backup, but with another
    serious flaw --- if someone plugged a computer causing short-circuit, it
    turned off the circuit breaker for the whole rack :)

    Mikulas

    > Lee

      Last update: 2009-04-08 14:47    [W:0.027 / U:122.732 seconds]