SubjectRe: [GIT *] intel-iommu updates for 2.6.30 (second batch)
On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 07:42 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> hm, it breaks on all !ACPI configs AFAICS. The whole new code
> section you added to dmar.c depends on ACPI functionality.
>
> Restricting DMAR to "depends on ACPI" in the Kconfig would probably
> work but is somewhat lame:

Er, DMAR _does_ depend on ACPI:

config DMAR
bool "Support for DMA Remapping Devices (EXPERIMENTAL)"
depends on PCI_MSI && ACPI && EXPERIMENTAL

DMAR is the name of an ACPI table. Much of dmar.c is dedicated to
parsing such tables... it was never going to work without ACPI.

> this built fine with !ACPI before and if the hw ever gets discovered
> purely via the PCI space

That would be lovely... but probably isn't going to happen. Although
that doesn't stop me reminding people how lovely it would be, especially
when BIOS bugs keep screwing us over.

I suspect you have INTR_REMAP without ACPI or DMAR? And INTR_REMAP
should probably depend on ACPI too, unfortunately. As should X2APIC,
therefore.

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@intel.com Intel Corporation

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans