SubjectRe: [Announce] 2.6.29.1-rt4
Fernando,

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 21:54 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > Fernando,

> > > Sure, no problem. I just did a release to planetcore-testing repo (with
> > > a warning to the planetccrma list), you can find it here:
> > >
> > > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/i386/repoview/index.html
> > > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/x86_64/repoview/index.html
> > >
> > > (the one I have tested and hangs is the i386 PAE version)
> > > Source here:
> > >
> > > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/SRPMS/
> > >
> > > (if you don't want to figure out the .src.rpm - I would not blame you -
> > > I can give you a list of the patches that were actually applied - of the
> > > ones that are included in the package)
> >
> > No problem. I know how to distangle those beasts.
> >
> > Still I have no reproducer yet. One of my 32bit test machines survived
> > a 200 cycle test w/o showing it.
>
> Arghh, I don't know what it could be then. You mean 200 power cycles??
> Wow... it only takes one here. Thanks for testing.

Does it trigger when you just boot up and the immediately shut down
w/o doing any work on it ?

Could you try whether the following triggers the bug as well: Boot up,
do work or whatever. Make sure your data is sycned to disk. :)

# echo 0 >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

If that does not trigger, then check whether it survives the
shutdown/reboot. If it does we look further.

> > Is there anything special what you run, load ... ?
>
> Not that I can think of right now. This happens on 32 bit installs on
> both Fedora 9 and Fedora 10. Nothing special installed, of course I have
> the Planet CCRMA packages but they don't involve additional kernel
> modules or anything that (I think) deals with startup or shutdown.

Can you provide the list of modules loaded ?

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2009-04-07 19:03    [W:0.217 / U:0.176 seconds]