    SubjectRe: IRQF_SAMPLE_RANDOM question...
    On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:30:26 -0400
    Robin Getz <> wrote:

    > Although there was some discussion
    > about removing IRQF_SAMPLE_RANDOM from the remaining network drivers in May of
    > 2008, but they still appears to be there in 2.6.29.

    These are mostly unmaintained drivers. Dunno why tg3 isn't fixed - it has
    some mitigation logic so maybe its not observable

    > I can put a scope/analyser on a device - and look at the touchscreens, serial
    > devices, USB, all without cracking the case.

    But you can observe a network interface accurately from all over the lan
    (and with a ten dollar card), or a good deal further (I believe up to 1Km
    in the right conditions was claimed by some

    If you need absolute hard entropy then use a real entropy source, if not
    then your user space is using the wrong device file - the blocking for
    entropy one. At that point it depends how vital your SSL is to you and
    what it protects.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-06 21:03    [W:0.020 / U:153.496 seconds]