    SubjectRe: USB: symbolserial: log the ioctl commands
    On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 07:44:21PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > +static int symbol_tiocmget(struct tty_struct *tty, struct file *file)
    > > +{
    > > + struct usb_serial_port *port = tty->driver_data;
    > > + struct device *dev = &port->dev;
    > > +
    > > + /* TODO */
    > > + /* probably just need to shadow whatever was sent to us here */
    > > + dev_info(dev, "%s\n", __func__);
    > > + return 0;
    > > +}
    >
    > If you don't have a modem you don't provide these methods. If you do have
    > a modem you return the values for the modem. Please do not try and stick
    > in stuff faking responses, it just makes a nasty mess in the longer term
    > and I've already cleared the same out of a ton of drivers - with I note
    > no breakages of user space.

    I'm trying to get this driver working properly for a USB device that is
    being controlled by a Windows program running under WINE. Right now
    there are some ioctls being called by either WINE or the serial program
    on Windows that the driver isn't handling and so it's not working
    properly. This change was so that I could get feedback from the user
    with this situation to try to work it all out.

    I've now got a trace of an attempt and will work to try to implement the
    needed ioctls to get it running properly.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2009-04-06 07:49    [W:0.027 / U:0.872 seconds]