    SubjectShould I choose SLOW_WORK?
    I am newly presented with

    > Enable slow work thread pool (SLOW_WORK) [N/y/?] (NEW) ?
    > The slow work thread pool provides a number of dynamically allocated
    > threads that can be used by the kernel to perform operations that
    > take a relatively long time.
    > An example of this would be CacheFiles doing a path lookup followed
    > by a series of mkdirs and a create call, all of which have to touch
    > disk.

    However, this does not tell me whether I need or want this.

    And, why must the user make this choice at all? Surely it can be
    auto-selected, if cachefs is enabled? At a minimum, hide this under
    CONFIG_EMBEDDED or whatnot, so that most users don't see this choice, IMO.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-06 01:13    [W:0.025 / U:10.060 seconds]