    SubjectRe: kms in defconfig

    Dave Airlie wrote:
    > My main worry is distro configs going forward, where they pull
    > something from defconfig, granted I've no idea if that'll happen,
    > maybe distro kernel maintainers are smarter than I give them credit
    > for :-)

    We're probably as dumb as or even dumber than you give credit for but
    we do have testing cycles in place to compensate for it, so I don't
    think distros-might-screw-up needs to be a concern when deciding what
    gets turned on in defconfig. :-)

    I think defconfig should enable options such that it shows where
    upstream kernel is headed, so FWIW +1 for KMS from me.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-28 03:49    [W:0.019 / U:27.044 seconds]