    SubjectRe: Re-implement MCE log ring buffer as per-CPU ring buffer
    Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > * Robert Richter <robert.richter@amd.com> wrote:

    >>> Before changing anything substantial in the MCE code it would be
    >>> necessary to clean up and then unify the 32-bit and 64-bit side
    >>> of the MCE code first. (Which essentially means extending the
    >>> 64-bit-only code to 32-bit)
    >> You may also want to consider to use the in-kernel ring_buffer api
    >> (include/linux/ring_buffer.h).
    >
    > Yeah. I'd have suggested that once cleanups and unification is done
    > (which is still a long way out :-).

    Hi Ingo,

    If you can tell us clearly how to do this I can work on it. e.g.
    if the scheme laid out in my earlier mail is acceptable and
    I can port these patches to mce2 I mentioned and that can be hopefully
    all done quickly.

    However I don't agree with you stalling important hardware support
    and bug fix code for a long time just because you have something
    half baked in tree and I hope you won't pursue such a policy.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2009-04-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:0.256 seconds]