SubjectRe: Re-implement MCE log ring buffer as per-CPU ring buffer
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Robert Richter <robert.richter@amd.com> wrote:

>>> Before changing anything substantial in the MCE code it would be
>>> necessary to clean up and then unify the 32-bit and 64-bit side
>>> of the MCE code first. (Which essentially means extending the
>>> 64-bit-only code to 32-bit)
>> You may also want to consider to use the in-kernel ring_buffer api
>> (include/linux/ring_buffer.h).
>
> Yeah. I'd have suggested that once cleanups and unification is done
> (which is still a long way out :-).

Hi Ingo,

If you can tell us clearly how to do this I can work on it. e.g.
if the scheme laid out in my earlier mail is acceptable and
I can port these patches to mce2 I mentioned and that can be hopefully
all done quickly.

However I don't agree with you stalling important hardware support
and bug fix code for a long time just because you have something
half baked in tree and I hope you won't pursue such a policy.

-Andi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans