SubjectIs sata_nv compatible with async scsi scan?
Hi Jeff,

Since 2.6.29 I'm having intermittent problems with booting kernels.
After supposedly waiting for scsi async scan to complete,
quite frequently I see errors from the init resume process
when it fails to find the swap partition and later the root
file system fails to load.

A workaround that I found to be helpful is booting the kernel
with scsi_mod.scan=sync so I suspect sata_nv has a problem
with asynchronous scanning.

The two machines this happens on have:
IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a2)

and

IDE interface: nVidia Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)

This one: IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a3)
seems to be less prone to the problem, though I tend to reboot it
much less frequently, so it's possible I just happened to be lucky with it.

Benny

  Last update: 2009-04-21 09:07    [W:0.061 / U:1.236 seconds]