SubjectRe: how to build a vmlinux with debugging symbols?
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:18:33 +0100
Task Struct From Hell <taskstructfromhell@googlemail.com> wrote:

> List,
>
> I am trying to figure out why one of my servers crashed, I have some C
> and ASM knowledge and back in the 2.2 days I even wrote a few modules
> to the Linux kernel, but now I am completely lost in the 2.6 kbuild
> and as such, can someone point into some documentation on debugging
> vmcore's and how to enable debugging symbols so using gdb wont be as
> painful? :-)

Hi,

just enable CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO configure option...

(and you can use the sripts/markup_oops.pl script to help decode
oopses.. no need for gdb)

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2009-04-19 16:31    [W:0.030 / U:0.128 seconds]