    SubjectRe: Problem with CREATE_TRACE_POINTS and recursion safety

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:09:14PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > > I hate to do this because it adds some more work to the developer adding a
    > > new trace point header, but we could just remove the CREATE_TRACE_POINTS
    > > and do in the trace/events/*.h headers:
    > >
    > > #ifdef CREATE_FOO_TRACE_POINTS
    > > #include <trace/define_trace.h>
    > > #endif
    > >
    > > in all tracepoint headers. I originally had it this way with just the
    > > CREATE_TRACE_POINTS, but Christoph Hellwig and Mathieu both suggested
    > > putting that into define_trace.h. It seems so much cleaner to keep it in
    > > define_trace.h, but if it is causing too many headaches, it may not be
    > > worth it :-/
    >
    > I still don't like the magic include in every trace header.
    >
    > What about
    >
    > #define CREATE_FOO_TRACE_POINTS "subsystem"
    >
    > to only create them for a given subsystem?

    I tried this. But it seems that there's no way to compare strings with the
    preprocessor. You can compare numbers, but having each subsystem define
    its own number would be a pain to manage.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2009-04-16 15:47    [W:0.020 / U:0.312 seconds]