    SubjectRe: [dm-devel] Re: dm-ioband: Test results.
    From
    Hi Vivek,

    > How does your ioband setup looks like. Have you created at least one more
    > competing ioband device? Because I think only in that case you have got
    > this ad-hoc logic of waiting for the group which has not finished the
    > tokens yet and you will end up buffering the bio in a FIFO.

    I created two ioband devices and ran the dd commands only on the first
    device.

    > Do let me know if you think there is something wrong with my
    > configuration.

    From a quick look at your configuration, there seems to be no problem.

    > Can you also send bio-cgroup patches which apply to 2.6.30-rc1 so that
    > I can do testing for async writes.

    I've just posted the patches to related mailing lists. Please try it.

    > Why have you split the regular patch and bio-cgroup patch? Do you want
    > to address only reads and sync writes?

    For the first step, my goal is to merge dm-ioband into device-mapper,
    and bio-cgroup is not necessary for all situations such as bandwidth
    control on a per partition basis.

    I'll also try to do more test and report you back.

    Thank you for your help,
    Ryo Tsuruta

      Last update: 2009-04-16 14:59    [W:0.031 / U:89.948 seconds]