SubjectRe: [RFC][patch] filesystem: Vmufat filesystem, version 4
On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 06:59 +0900, Paul Mundt wrote:

> This file system is tied directly to the VMU. Assumptions about the
> on-disk format, block numbering limitations, etc. are all VMU
> constraints, and papering over that in the Kconfig text is not
> sufficient. This file system is and always will be tied to the VMU, and
> you really do not want to decouple the two. What you do in loopback mode
> for testing is your own business, but this will not work in the way
> people expect on a fixed disk. You are only making things harder on
> yourself by insisting that this is somehow generic.
>
> The file system at least wants a dependency on the VMU (and I suppose
> mtdblock) itself.

Why won't it work on a fixed disk "in the way people expect"? Granted
they'd be eccentric to format a disk in this way but there is no
inherent reason why this file system *has* to be tied to a VMU.

  Last update: 2009-04-14 09:03    [W:0.045 / U:2.852 seconds]